Based in Cardiff, Swansea, Bridgend, Pontypridd or anywhere else in South Wales for that matter? Need an audit?
We are registered as auditors by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We offer the following services:
- Company audits
- Annual reports for solicitors
- Charity audits
- Not for profit organisations audits
- Clubs and societies audits
- Internal audit
- Internal controls review
- Internal controls implementation
In the UK the requirement to have a statutory company audit have been amended to exclude the majority of small companies. However, any company may elect to have the annual statutory accounts audited. There are both advantages and disadvantages associated with this, we would be pleased to discuss this further in relation to your own situation.
Do you know why you need an audit or why you should have one?
The main reasons why you will be required by law to have a statutory audit are...
- Your turnover exceeds £6.5 million or gross assets exceed £3.26 million or the company is part of a group that exceeds those limits;
- You are a PLC or a banking, insurance or finance company (or a subsidiary of one of these);
- You are required by your professional or trade organisation to have your accounts audited;
- Your shareholders do not agree to opting out of the audit
We can advise you if you need an audit and if not, you can save on professional fees!
However, we aim to deliver hassle free audits and there are good reasons for having an audit even if you are not required by law to have one...
- An audit involves a detailed review of the company's accounting systems and systems of control and also requires a detailed understanding of the company's business. Such a review and knowledge can provide increased opportunities to provide proactive business advice on many matters;
- An unqualified audit report can improve the status of the accounts in the eyes of banks and commercial lenders, the Taxman and suppliers who may be seeking credit references, etc;
- A history of accounts with clean audit reports can also be a factor if you ever wish to sell the company or, perhaps, take it to the market;
- The possibility of fraud can be reduced and an audit can act as a deterrent to any potential fraudster.