Tax Enquiries and Investigations
Need help defending a tax enquiry?
It is an unfortunate fact of business life that you may well come under enquiry by HMRC through no fault of your own or of your accountant. HMRC now investigates businesses at random as well as for specific reasons. A full investigation is not a pleasant experience for anyone. Without an expert defence it is possible to get trampled all over.
If you are selected at random, you need an accountant who knows how HMRC works and thinks and is prepared to fight your case. We make sure that Taxman keeps to their own internal guidelines and don’t over step the mark. We will talk you through the enquiry process and what to expect and support you throughout.
Our skilled experienced team of professionals are able to offer the following services:
- Professional representation in Income Tax and Corporation Tax investigations
- Professional representation on PAYE, VAT and IR35 disputes
- Advice to fellow professionals
- An investigation fee protection service
- Preparation and representation for HMRC tribunal hearings
- Advise on negotiated settlements with HMRC
- Advice to clients on HMRC codes of practice
- Advice on how to complain on sub-standard HMRC conduct
We aim to resolve each and every HMRC enquiry/dispute as soon as possible, with the best possible result for our clients.
Are you ready to get in touch?
We’re excited to find out what we can do for you. Be it a dedicated service or a general inquiry, let’s chat and work out the next steps.