Join our team!
We fully understand that in order to deliver excellent client services, we need excellent people. People who are as passionate about exceeding client expectations as we are, love working as part of a friendly team and make a great cup of coffee!
Are you looking for a new challenge? We’re a rapidly expanding accountancy practice, with a close-knit team across three offices in South Wales. We pride ourselves on a personal approach – offering a bespoke, high-level and downright friendly service to clients both old and new. We are passionate about our team, and willing to work that little bit harder to find the right fit.
We have an exciting Manager position available for a confident, experienced and driven ICAEW / ACCA qualified Accountant.
This role has been created to support our Directors in strategising and managing our junior members of staff, following our recent acquisition of another practice. It will require someone proactive, that will work to grow with us, as we establish new ways of working in a post-pandemic world. We’re looking for a keen eye for detail, an appetite for managing a team, and an autonomous approach.
We’re a small practice with big ambitions, so we rely on our staff being willing to ‘get in stuck in with everything’. As well as the traditional responsibilities of a Manager; finalising year end company accounts, corporation tax reviews and personal tax returns, we would expect you to be capable of managing a small team (3-4 trainee accountants), liaising with the Directors on a daily basis, to keep the client workflow running smoothly.
In return, you will be offered:
– Highly Competitive salary
– Company laptop
– Option to join Company Private Health Scheme
– 32 days annual leave – with up to 2 extra days for continuous service
– Continued Professional Development
– Client introduction bonuses
– Opportunity to help shape our future
– Providing your clients with expert information and advice
– Year end accounts preparation, both individually or reviewing delegated work from your team
– Personal and corporate tax returns for your clients
– Managing the client VAT returns process within the business
– Handling client queries i.e. technical software advice, bookkeeping, tax, VAT etc
– Industry standard compliance for you and your team i.e. money laundering, quality assurance etc.
– Supporting your team with their professional development, mentoring them to pass the relevant industry qualifications
– ICAEW / ACCA qualification
– 7-8 years’ experience of accountancy within a practice OR a minimum of 4 years accountancy but a proven history of managing a small team
– Experience of accounting for small, owner managed businesses
– Excellent proficiency in excel and confident in other Microsoft software i.e. Word, Teams etc.
– Knowledge of bookkeeping software i.e. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero etc.
– Clear, confident communication skills and a willingness to be pro-active when engaging with clients
– Positive and enthusiastic attitude, eager to carve an integral role within our business
– Interest in IT services, willing to contribute to systems and processes
– Evidence of managing a team OR mentoring junior members through the industry qualification process
– Experience with payroll management and relevant systems
– Experience of HMRC enquiries
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if we don’t have a specific vacancy listed, we are always keen to have an informal chat with experienced professionals that would make a strong addition to our team. If the fit is right, we would be keen to tailor a role to you. Does this sound like you?
- Strong practice-based accountancy experience with either a Chartered or Chartered Certified firm.
- ICAEW/ICAS or ACCA qualified – or working towards qualification
- Team player
- Client focused
- Digitally literate
If so, we would be pleased to here from you, who knows it could be the start of something great!
Employment Agency policy
Please do not send us speculative and unsolicited CVs. It is our policy that should we receive an unsolicited CV from an agency then we will not pay for the introduction and reserve the right to directly contact and employ the candidate. On the basis that no contract was entered into between the agency that supplied the unsolicited CV and us.