Personal service companies
Accountants and IR35 advisers for freelancers and contractors
- Businesses built around the experience and expertise of individual freelancers, contractors or consultants need special advice around tax and especially around IR35.
- We offer expert tax and accounting advice to freelancers, contractors and consultants in Cardiff, Pontypridd, Bridgend, Pontyclun and throughout the UK. This area of taxation is complex as such it is recommended that you always obtain expert advice.
- IR35, more formally known as off-payroll working rules, define whether you’ll be treated as an employee for tax purposes (inside IR35) or as a true contractor (outside IR35). There are significant tax advantages to the latter status, both for you and for the organisation that contracts your services. Unfortunately, HMRC has become increasingly vigorous in pursuing cases of what it calls ‘disguised employment’. It has also put an increased burden on contracting organisations to judge and report the IR35 status of contractors.
- We can advise you on how to stay clearly on the right side of IR35 legislation and help you avoid obvious pitfalls. We’ll review contracts and suggest amendments and, if disputes arise, back you up in discussions with HMRC.
- Beyond IR35, there are many other aspects of taxation that it is important to be fully aware of for example, travel and subsistence rules, settlement legislation and payroll benefits to name a few.
- Naturally, being Chartered Accountants, our experts can also provide bookkeeping, accounting and tax return services. Personal service companies (PSCs) are limited companies and have to submit annual accounts and a corporation tax return – we can look after those, too, along with PAYE schemes, VAT returns and every other aspect of limited company tax or compliance. We provide specialist accounting packages for contractors, of course like all of our services these can be tailored to your exact needs.
Are you ready to get in touch?
We’re excited to find out what we can do for you. Be it a dedicated service or a general inquiry, let’s chat and work out the next steps.